Monday, April 12, 2010

Wisdom and Understanding

This day in age, the only thing that people want and talk about is money. They pray for better jobs and money. What is money if you don’t have the wisdom and understanding of what to do with it?

The only reason people want money is to show it off and for status. It is wanted for the wrong reasons. That is why people lose it so fast when they get it. You can have all of the money in the world, but if you don’t have wisdom and understanding of how to save it and use it then you will blow it all. Wisdom and understanding helps you to make the right choices on the difference between a want and a need.

Many times, a lot of people say “I wish I could see into the future”, and “I wish I knew it all.” God made it this way for a reason. If you knew it all then you would go crazy. If you knew it all, you couldn’t comprehend it all. There is a spiritual world as well as the physical world that we live in. I got a glimpse of it in the vision that God gave me, as I stated in my post about “My Testimony of My Journey With God.” There are many things going on around us such as battles between good and evil. Whenever you send prayers up to God, the angels are fighting for you to get your blessing. Demons and evil is trying to stop you from getting your blessing. Angels are encamped around you and so are demons. When people get just a sample of that spiritual world, they usually are changed for life. They either go crazy or turn to God, and no other religion or in-between. Think about it. If you saw angels and demons walking around, then it would make you go crazy. People need to live right and trust Jesus and that is the only way of knowing what you need to know, and that is that you are going to heaven.

Since I was about 5, I always had a thirst for knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. I feel that education is not preparation for life: education is life itself. I always had a love for nature and learning, so my mother always bought me books to read about nature and science. I feel that parents should nurture their children’s strengths and interests because reading books about science, nature, and designing things led me to follow the path of Engineering. My mother was actually lighting a fire in me back then that burns in me still to this day. Instead of using my vacations for just going to amusement parks, I use them to travel to see new states, countries, museums, and to see natural wonders. This is my gift to my children, so that this principle of wisdom and a broad understanding keeps going on through the next generation. Most of the time, it is not that kids don’t have any aspirations or goals, it is that their parents haven taken them out of their comfort zone. How can they learn about any other cultures other than reading about it in books? As parents, let’s broaden their horizons. Let’s not let the radio or television teach them. Let’s maximize their downtime by imparting knowledge in them by taking them to see new places because your downtime and how you spend it tells you a lot about how you are going to maximize your lifetime

~Marks of Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment